Q: Cam sensor problem on my 2014 Chevrolet Camaro

asked by on July 06, 2017

I went through the process of painting my valve covers and when I was letting everything dry I turned the car to the on position to listen to music and as expected I knew it would through all sorts of codes as nothing being there, after I had ever thing back together and plugged in i cleared the codes and now I get the codes p0018, p0019 witch is the cams are not in correlation with the crankshaft. But I never moved the cams or touched them. And the tune I had from trifecta with the ghost cams was completely wiped off. As I when the ghost can would work at idle it doesn't anymore and I've tried retuning the car 3 times now. It idles fine but under acceleration it's VERY slow as in 3rd gear to the floor and it feels like I'm in 5th. I have returned the car back to stock and the code still comes up. I did check the sensors and one of them does have a scrape/light notch on it. It is light but it could be enough to knock it out. I haven't checked it yet as I do not know how to do so.

Hello. This can be caused by a number of issues. If the sensor clearance is not correct then this will occur. I would check this first. I would then monitor the sensor signals as that would tell me if the correlation is actually off. I have ran across a few of these cars that just need to have the ECM reflashed to fix this. I would typically recommend having the dealer check the programming first.