Q: My Toyota Camry is knocking and ticking.

Ticking and knocking sound happening.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Ticking and knocking usually isn’t a good thing. Does the speed of ticking increase with engine speed while sitting still? If so this means that it is coming from the engine. If the sound increase in speed on as the speed of the vehicle increases this is more indicative of a powertrain issue such as an axle shaft or wheel bearing. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to pinpoint where the noise is coming from so they can recommend a repair for your vehicle.