My dodge charger 2010 sxt keeps locking itself making the...

Q: My dodge charger 2010 sxt keeps locking itself making the honk noise. How can I turn this annoying sound off? Please help.!

asked by on October 21, 2017

Car keeps honking on its own when I'm not pressing the lock button. It honks by it self. I changed my battery on the key and car brand new. Keeps happening. How do I turn this annoying auto honk off. Please help!

Sometimes a faulty battery can cause this. Have the battery load tested to determine its condition. Other causes of horn malfunctions are electrical shorts that occur intermittently as well as possible software glitches in the body control module and/or security system control module. The possibility of a software update should be checked. If those possibilities do not yield a resolution the horn circuit will have to be diagnosed. To do that, you have to have to have the factory wiring diagram in hand. If you want a diagnostic, that includes all steps, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.