Q: Q: Car won't change gears

The car is very hard to press and the car won't change gears. It makes a strange sound when I attempt to put it into gear.

Hello. If the clutch pedal is hard to push, it sounds like there is something binding in the mechanical portion of clutch system. The binding could be the pressure plate, the throwout bearing or its guide, or the clutch fork. This will require a second person to visually check the slave applying pressure to the clutch fork, and see if it’s moving. If it’s not moving, it should be manually actuated. If it’s binding inside the bell housing, the transmission will have to be removed for inspection. You may need the aid of a mechanic to inspect the operation of the clutch.

3. Q: Car won't change gears