Q: The car will not start, it turns over, but will not run.

This happened once before when I was WAY overdue for an oil change- I am due, in approx 1,000 miles. Oil looks clean on stick, no smell. I press the brake, push the start button and it tries to start but does not. I think I have only had one plug changed once though....

Hello, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. I would like to know if the engine is cranking over or if nothing happens. If it is cranking and not starting, then that is usually caused by a bad ignition switch. I would check to see if the computer is getting a crank signal and if there is fuel pressure. If it is not cranking at all, then it may be due to a bad ignition switch, a low battery, or a bad connection at the battery. There are many other things it can be but these are the most common. I would scan the computer first to see if there are any codes before I go any further. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this, and make the necessary repairs.