Q: The car will not start, it turns over, but will not run.

This happened once before when I was WAY overdue for an oil change- I am due, in approx 1,000 miles. Oil looks clean on stick, no smell. I press the brake, push the start button and it tries to start but does not. I think I have only had one plug changed once though....

Hello, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. I would like to know if the engine is cranking over or if nothing happens. If it is cranking and not starting, then that is usually caused by a bad ignition switch. I would check to see if the computer is getting a crank signal and if there is fuel pressure. If it is not cranking at all, then it may be due to a bad ignition switch, a low battery, or a bad connection at the battery. There are many other things it can be but these are the most common. I would scan the computer first to see if there are any codes before I go any further. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this, and make the necessary repairs.

3. The car will not start, it turns over, but will not run.