Q: I have a 2007 Suzuki XL7, it is constantly beeping and will not stop. I have checked everything and can't figure it out.

asked by on May 27, 2017

I have a 2007 Suzuki XL7, it is constantly beeping and will not stop. I have checked everything and can't figure it out. Even with the car off and doors closed it is still beeping, while I am driving it is constantly beeping.

Hi there. In most cases, the beeping sound is created when one of two different systems creates an alert; a seat belt warning or a door is ajar. It is common for a system sensor to be damaged, which will cause the noise to continue, even if there is no problem. The fact that the noise continues when the vehicle is shut off is what concerns me. This is typically an indication of an open electrical relay or circuit, that will continue drawing power well after the alternator has been shut off. To find this issue, I would recommend having one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete an electrical problems inspection, so they can isolate the root source and complete the right repairs.