Q: Wont start after timing belt replacement

asked by on July 17, 2016

Replaced the timing belt it's in time cranking over just not starting it's almost as if it is out of gas but we checked it's getting fuel and compression is good

If you are getting fuel and compression, then you need to check to see if you have spark. If you do not have spark then test the ignition system or crankshaft sensor using a scan tool. If your engine was running before, then you know it is something you did not reconnect or install correctly. When you disconnected the battery, the alarm could have reset and is not being turned off. Check to see the anti-theft light is not on disabling the ignition. If you want to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue.