Q: While in park and stepping on the gas at 4000 rpm exactly the vehicles starts shaking.

I purchased the vehicle about two months ago. It previously had a engine oil leak which was fixed by the dealer. Previous to my purchasing the Escape it developed a differential problem, but that is not the issue i am concerned about. The vehicle has been sitting for about 10 months. The vehicle starts without issues and idles smoothly. when i got it there was very little oil in the engine, very little coolant and a battery that couldn't hold it's charge. i replaced the battery. and started checking oiks and fluids and gas. a friend and i decided to see how the vehicle ran. We did not drive it because of the differential issue but kept it in park and and slowly revved the engine. It was going smoothly until it reached 4000 rpms then it started shaking/vibrating. once it goes back to under 4000 rpms it stops shaking. once we stop stepping on the gas it idles smoothly. The check engine light does not come on.

A: The engine computer has a built in rev limi...

The engine computer has a built in rev limiter built in to the programming that will not let the engine go above 3800 to 4000 rpms when the transmission is not in gear and driving down the street. This is a normal protection so you do not over rev the engine and damage it.