Q: Can I use a different cars o2 sensor in my car if it plugs in

Found a o2 on Craig's list that will plug into my plug spot for the back o2 I just want to know if it will work

Plug compatibility is not what determines interchangeability. Unless the actual part number on the sensor is a direct and listed (published) catalog interchange for your year, make and model, the sensor will not work as intended. The other issue is unless the sensor is really old, it should be tested prior to condemning it. Oxygen sensors last a long time, easily 100,000 miles unless the engine is burning oil in which case the sensor gets contaminated. If you want the sensor(s) evaluated, and replaced as needed, please refer to Your Mechanic’s oxygen sensor service link. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Can I use a different cars o2 sensor in my car if it plugs in