Q: Car keeps dying

asked by on October 06, 2016

Car doesn't want to go once I step on the gas it keep wanting to die the rpms drop down the go back up to 1000 by itself car was driving fine few minutes ago

There are usually two different issues that cause the engine to stall or reduce RPM in situations like this.

The first thing I’d look at is the idle control valve or sensors that monitor the fuel system.

The second item is the EGR valve, which is an emissions control system that redistributes fuel that has not burned back into the engine.

Either one of these parts can cause the issues you’re describing. If you decide to get this repaired, contact one of our local mechanics to diagnose your cars stalling issue to pinpoint the source of your issues so they can recommend the correct repairs.