Q: My air conditioner works and then it does not - does this sound like a compressor problem?

my air conditioner works and then it does not. Does this sound like a compressor problem

Hi there. It is possible that the compressor clutch disengages when it gets hot. The more common problem is a compressor that may leak refrigerant out the front seal of the compressor. I recommend having the system pressure tested to see if the system is low on pressure or a cycling switch is not making contact. If you would like to have this looked at, a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the AC system and help you move forward with repairs.

3. My air conditioner works and then it does not - does this sound like a compressor problem?