Q: My air conditioner works and then it does not - does this sound like a compressor problem?

asked by on August 25, 2016

my air conditioner works and then it does not. Does this sound like a compressor problem

AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2753.22 Get a Quote
AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

Hi there. It is possible that the compressor clutch disengages when it gets hot. The more common problem is a compressor that may leak refrigerant out the front seal of the compressor. I recommend having the system pressure tested to see if the system is low on pressure or a cycling switch is not making contact. If you would like to have this looked at, a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the AC system and help you move forward with repairs.