Q: my air conditioner works and then it does not ,does this sound like a compressor problem

my air conditioner works and then it does not. Does this sound like a compressor problem

A: Hi there. It is possible that the compresso...

Hi there. It is possible that the compressor clutch disengages when it gets hot. The more common problem is a compressor that may leak Freon out the front seal of the compressor. I recommend having the system pressure tested to see if the system is low on pressure or a cycling switch is not making contact. If you would like to have this looked at, a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car's location to inspect the AC system and help you move forward with repairs.