Q: Car squealing in idle

asked by on February 16, 2016

My car is squealing when idling.

Loud squealing or squeaking is coming from timing belt Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, this is a fairly common issue on all cars as the belts age over time and lose their grip which causes the squealing noise. Other owners have also reported that dirt and dust can get into the grooves in the belt which can cause squealing as well. Belts are used by the engine to power essentials and accessory components, such as the alternator or A/C, and should be maintained. A technician would be able to assist you with diagnosing the source of the squealing noise.