Q: Groaning sound when turning steering wheel

I hear a groaning sound when I turn the steering wheel. The sound occurs after I have been driving for 10 to 15 minutes, and occurs whether I am driving or parked.

It sounds like your power steering pump may be low on fluid, the fluid may be dirty or have air in it, or the pump itself could be damaged. Sometimes, there may be some air trapped in the system and it needs to be removed with a vacuum pump. I would recommend having the fluid purged and flushed out of the power steering system, having new fluid put in, and have the system checked for leaks. If the power steering pump is still making noise, you may need to have the pump replaced. It may be best to start by having a mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to you and run a diagnosis on the noise coming from the steering wheel.

3. Groaning sound when turning steering wheel