Q: 2014 Madza CX-5 rear tires are almost completely bald, while front tires look new. I was rear ended on the highway back in July.

2014 Madza CX-5 rear tires are almost completely bald, while front tires look new. I was rear ended on the highway back in July. Brought it back to the shop that did the original repair shortly after, stating it felt like the vehile is dragging. They couldn't find anything. Noticed a few weeks ago that the rear tires are almost bald, front tires are fine. Brought it back, they sent it to a second shop, who found nothing. It is now at a Mazda shop getting checked (for the second time at that shop). What could be causing this?

The rear tires are most likely getting worn too fast due the the rear alignment is out of specifications with excessive toe in or toe out due to the accident. Have alignment checked and also see if the suspension is still bent or out of alignment. The shop should be checking the alignment and then you will know for sure.

3. 2014 Madza CX-5 rear tires are almost completely bald, while front tires look new. I was rear ended on the highway back in July.