Q: Why do my interior lights dim when stopping and car intermittently shuts off at stop light. 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer

First heat wouldn't blow. Replaced blower and pigtail. Then interior lights would dim when stopping checked battery and replaced alternator. Lights still dim and now car shuts off intermittently when stopping. Replaced ignition switch and got a code for gas cap. So that was replaced. Car continues to do the same thing any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. Most of the time if this only occurs when coming to a stop it is because the computer is not maintaining a high enough idle. This can occur because of a failing throttle body, or a problem within the engine or an intake manifold leak. This engine does have a common issue with valve seats failing causing an idling issue. I would usually start by cleaning out the throttle body to see if that corrects it. If it does not then the throttle body may need to be replaced. If the idle speed is fine then you may have a bad connection. I have seen a lot of grounding issues. Most of the time it is because of a bad ground on the engine or a bad connection at the battery ground cable. All of these need to be cleaned and tightened. If you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the electrical system is acting like this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electric-problems-inspection

3. Why do my interior lights dim when stopping and car intermittently shuts off at stop light. 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer