Q: Brake pedal vibration and noises in Honda Pilot

asked by on April 11, 2016

O3 Honda Pilot. Had it for months over the summer. Brake pedal still vibrates and very loud noises are coming from it.

Basically, when you get loud noises and the brake pedal vibrates, one of two things is wrong--sometimes the rotors are worn. If the rotors are worn, you replace them. But, on those, a lot of time, the ABS system acts up and you get all kinds of vibrations.

If the rotors aren’t worn, have a guy check your ABS system. I’ve got a computer video out there that’s called ’’fixing ABS brake problems on your car." Watch that and you’ll see how a real mechanic puts up a real scan tool to analyze the ABS system, because they are very complex. If you would like to have a professional take a look at this, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your vibration issue and determine what fixes are needed.