Q: Brake pedal vibration and noises in Honda Pilot

O3 Honda Pilot. Had it for months over the summer. Brake pedal still vibrates and very loud noises are coming from it.

A: Basically, when you get loud noises and the...

Basically, when you get loud noises and the brake pedal vibrates, one of two things is wrong--sometimes the rotors are worn. If the rotors are worn, you replace them. But, on those, a lot of time, the ABS system acts up and you get all kinds of vibrations.

If the rotors aren’t worn, have a guy check your ABS system. I’ve got a computer video out there that’s called ’’fixing ABS brake problems on your car." Watch that and you’ll see how a real mechanic puts up a real scan tool to analyze the ABS system, because they are very complex. If you would like to have a professional take a look at this, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your vibration issue and determine what fixes are needed.