Q: 1995 Suzuki Escudo 16-valve won't start unless spraying the fluid in intake

I have a 1995 Suzuki Escudo, 16-valve. When I try to start, it rolls over but it won't start. When I start spraying the fluid in intake--it would start then. Any suggestions?

A: It starts with starting fluid. That means t...

It starts with starting fluid. That means that the ignition system is working, so you most likely have a fuel system problem.

What you want to do is pressure test your fuel pump. You can get any mechanic to do it and if you have a loss in fuel pressure, then it's a bad fuel pump. If you don't have loss in fuel pressure, and there is plenty of fuel pressure available, then check the fuel injectors to see if they are pulsing on and off. You can get a noid light to check them. These usually go for around $10 bucks.

If they are not flashing, then the fuel injectors aren't getting the pulse. Try the crankshaft sensor. If it's not that, then you should definitely have your starting issue inspected because then it gets really complicated. It could even be a bad computer or something like that. A trained technician will be able to spot the issue and let you know exactly what repair is needed.