Q: Car slows up on hills

I was driving my car today while going up a hill and it revved up on me and dropped down about 10 mph. I ended up coming to a complete stop and let it sit before trying to go again. Previously I've been having troubles maintaining speeds up hills (to the point i have had my foot all the way down on the gas and was still only going 40mph). I have had this car for 1 week so I'm not sure how long it has been doing this for. Or if it had done this before. Would it be a transmission problem or just something with a sensor?

Hello. If the engine is revving high but the vehicle is not maintaining speed, then it is a transmission problem. If the engine is lacking power, then it may be something else like a catalytic converter or a fuel system issue. From what you are explaining, it sounds like a problem with the transmission. I usually drain the transmission fluid and check it for signs of wear like metal or clutch material. If there is any, then the transmission may need to be replaced. I recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the loss of power and guide you through repairs.

3. Car slows up on hills