Q: Car spits an sputters like it's misfiring if I accelerate too fast. But does fine any other time

asked by on October 17, 2016

When the car is cold it runs an drives like a brand new car. But it's like once it warms up it starts acting up. Spitting an sputtering when I take off or shift gears or try to accelerate to hard. Iv changes the fuel filter thinking it was stopped up. Didn't help its not throwing any misfire codes or anything . I'm stumped usually can figure this kinda stuff out but I don't know what the problem is.

Hey there. The first thing I would check would be the fuel pressure. But there are several possible causes for this condition. There could be a vacuum leak, the engine may need a tune up, or any number of other causes for a sputter when accelerating. It would also be a good idea to have a certified mechanic pull the codes and see if there is anything that can help to point in a possible direction to find the cause.