Q: Venza 2010 L4-2.7L: My check engine light is permanently turned On. I have these codes P0012, P0016, P0017. What needs to be fixe

My check engine light is permanently lit on. Diagnostic report says: P0012 (Camshaft Position "A" - Timing Over-Retarded (Bank 1), P0016 (Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 sensor A), P0017 Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B). The car still drives real fine without any observable problem besides the check engine light that is permanently On. What kind of fix can be done? Also is there any sensors near the exhaust area of the car? Thx

These are fault codes indicating problems related to the timing of your car’s engine. Normally the car will not run very well or sometimes not at all when these are on. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose these trouble codes and potentially reset them to see if they register again. There are also sensors related to the exhaust as well. There is what is called an oxygen sensor which relays information to the car’s computer regarding the content of the exhaust gases which then tells the computer how to adjust the air/fuel mixture.

• Venza 2010 L4-2.7L: My check engine light is permanently turned On. I have these codes P0012, P0016, P0017. What needs to be fixe