Q: Cannot remove rollover valve cable line on the gas tank

I changing the gas pump, I have the tank dropped all lines disconnected except for the rollover valve cable . I cannot figure out how to disconnect the line

Hi there. The rollover valve may have a quick disconnect fuel line or it may have a crimped on fuel line. Either remove the fuel line to the rollover valve or pop out the rollover valve with a large flat screwdriver and a wedge under the screwdriver. Be careful not to crack the fuel tank. If you need further assistance with the fuel pump replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hello. The fuel tank rollover valve uses a single vacuum line. If there are no clamps then the vacuum line can be removed by simply pulling it off. If the hose has been there for a long period of time it may be seized, in which case a screwdriver can be used to gently pry and loosen the hose. Care must be taken not to damage the hose or fitting or they may have to be replaced. It may also be possible to remove the entire valve from the gas tank, by gently prying it free.