Q: 2013 nissan altima jerks when stopping or slowing down.

asked by on May 30, 2017

Car jerks when slowing down or pressing on brakes. The battery and charging warning lights came on once, a week passed by and nothing happened until today. Had it checked and no codes show on computer.

Hi there. If the jerking occurs while pressing the brake pedal, it’s likely that you have an ABS sensor failure or that your front brakes pads are worn out and need to be replaced. It’s also possible that your front wheel bearings are wearing out and would require replacement as well. There are multiple possible issues that could be causing the vibration or jerking, I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a brake pedal is pulsating inspection. This will allow them to test drive your vehicle and pinpoint the source of your issue. Once they’ve figured out where it’s coming from, the right repairs can be made.