Q: Rear wheel getting hot after caliper and hose replacement

So the drivers side rear wheel is getting very hot. I've taken it to a couple different shops at this point. I have tried replacing the caliper. That did nothing. I replaced the brake hose. That seemed to have fixed it for a few days but is now getting hot again. It only gets hot after about 20 minutes drive time on my way home after work. Oddly it does not even get hot on my way to work which is the exact same drive other than more traffic and stop lights

There are a few reasons that a caliper piston might fail to retract and there is also the possibility that the heat is being generated by a failing wheel bearing. If the issue is brake related, pressure in the line might be failing to release (due to a line fault such as a blockage), the pads might be stuck or binding in the torque plate and there could be problems with the sliding pins in the torque plate. Also, you’ll want to check for a parking brake assembly that is failing to retract at that wheel position. To obtain a quick resolution of this, you can request a brake inspection and a certified mechanic will come right to your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Rear wheel getting hot after caliper and hose replacement