Q: Leaking clear but oily fluid when AC is running. It is located through the front end under the hood (by the aluminum cover insulation in front)

The engine sounds labored when you put the gas. It has a sound like a vacuum leak in some sort of weird way. The inside of the vehicle smells funny when you put the air conditioner on. When the truck is parked it leaks a clear oily liquid and it starts to overheat with no leakage of coolant.

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle may possibly have a refrigerant leak in the AC system. I would carefully inspect the area where the fluid is coming from to see if you can figure out the source of the leak. It may be possible that a component, such as an AC line, or the AC condenser have developed a leak and are leaking refrigerant from the system.

This may also explain why the vehicle may be overheating. An AC leak can cause the condenser to overheat, which may explain both the engine overheating and the smell when the AC is activated. The condenser is located near the front of the vehicle and functions much like a radiator, with air passing through it, from a fan, or as the vehicle moves forward.

If the AC is still blowing cold air and there is a leak, then the system will likely being to blow warmer and warmer, until the air is no longer cold. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose the leak and proceed with the appropriate repairs.

• Leaking clear but oily fluid when AC is running. It is located through the front end under the hood (by the aluminum cover insulation in front)