Q: Engine cranks but won't start. VTM-4 engine light is on. OBD shows codes P0365, P0340 & P0132

As indicated above, engine cranks but won't start. I was driving on the freeway at 60-70 mph when I suddenly felt loss of traction in my wheels and loss of power in my gas pedal. Several lights came up on the dashboard among which I vividly recall VTM-4. I immediately pulled over to the shoulder within half a mile from the incident. I turned the engine off right away after stopping. I am being told problem could be timing belt and possibly bent valves in the piston chambers. Above codes have been identified along with the VTM-4 light.

A: You say you turned off the engine as soon a...

You say you turned off the engine as soon as the vehicle was stopped. Does this mean the engine still runs? The VTM-4 light is for the traction control and you may have a problem with the system, which could be a sensor to one or more of the wheels, or a transaxle issue.

If the timing belt broke, then your engine will not start and run. If the belt broke, you most likely did bend the valves in the engine. You would need major engine repairs to the cylinder heads and possible bent rods if this is the case. I'd recommend getting the vehicle looked at by a certified mechanic, they will be able to accurately diagnose the trouble codes that have appeared and assess the damages on your engine.