Q: Car randomly died while driving, initially tried to turn over but now no power at all, scanner not piling up any codes.

asked by on February 03, 2017

The car had no symptoms then randomly died while I was driving. Initially it tried to turn over but wouldn't. Jumping did not help. After having towed to my house there is no power at all. Scanner says no codes available even though check engine light is on

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. There could be an issue with the battery or the electrical system for the vehicle to stall out randomly. Check the battery for any loose connections and to see if the battery is fully charged. If there is nothing wrong with the battery, then check all of the ground wiring to the vehicle and see if there is any loose wires. A low charged battery or a loose ground wire will cause the engine to stall out at any given time. If you need further assistance with a stalling condition, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.