Q: Just wondering how much longer it will last me

I'm just wondering how much longer it will last me I change the oil every 3000 miles

You got a long, long way to go. The only thing that makes it uneconomic to replace worn out mechanical parts on a car is corrosion on the frame. If the frame is intact, the car will last indefinitely. Parts on new cars wear out at the same rate as new parts on old cars!

Of course, this is a bit of a simplification as there are things to be gained by updating to more efficient technology as it becomes available and there are some safety enhancements. But model year 2009 technology, as represented in your 2009 Dodge Caravan, is still "today’s" technology.

Just to give you a comparison I drive a 1991 Toyota Camry, so that car is a quarter century old. It will easily last another 5 to 10 years and maybe much longer. Many cars are discarded way before they are actually unusable or unrepairable.

It is almost always more economic to keep what you have, familarize yourself with its quirks and just keep replacing the parts as they wear out.

This is the whole purpose of YourMechanic: save money on repairs, reduce waste, and help people become more knowledgeable about their transportation choices. If you need any help maintaining your vehicle, one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to service your vehicle and ensure it’s longevity.

3. Just wondering how much longer it will last me