Q: Q: Low Coolant Light

Accidentally added the wrong type coolant what should I do? Low coolant light come on and my fiancé used general gas station brand coolant to fill it up level. The light went away, and there have not been any troubles so far. What should I do?

This would depend on what exact coolant was used in the vehicle. There are many coolants that are made that are supposed to be Universal and for all vehicles. If you use Universal coolant in your vehicle, it is very likely that it should be just fine and there should be nothing to worry about. However if you used a vehicle specific brand such as Dexcool which is specifically made for General Motors vehicles for example, this would not be good and I would recommend having the coolant flushed out and the proper coolant added. Consider YourMechanic as cooling system Services can be performed at your home or office.

3. Q: Low Coolant Light