Q: My car wont start, ECM issue

We procure this Suzuki Sedan SX4,2008, Automatic from a car company in Nigeria called C & I motors in 2009. the car had an head on accident with a learner, which affected the radiator and this car company couldn't support us, that a friend had to order the replacement radiator double cell for us.. since then we have been suffering on the car on over heating because our region is really a tropical one ,2015 we took the vehicle to a long distance and burn the gasket from the over heating and i got a technician around to have it replaced and since then the vehicle had been worse in performance, so we abandoned it in the house, and just last august we decided to give a mechanic who repair the engine well, but all the warning indicator came on which the mechanic said we may need to clear it with a programmer, and i also notice the Air conditioner not working, which i gave to an Auto HVAC technician, who made the ECM to be faulty. how can you help to get it started.

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. First, you would need to check the engine's coolant level and radiator cap for any damage. Next, check the condition of the spark plugs and wires to see if there is any burned plugs or burned wires.

For the air conditioning, check to see if the compressor turns on when the engine is running. If the A/C compressor kicks on and off fast, then there is a leak in the A/C system.

For the ECM, you would need to check to see what codes are coming up and find out what they mean to having a starting point. The engine codes are made for the electronics on the vehicle, but it will not correct anything that is mechanical. If you need assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then you may want to seek out another technician, such as one from YourMechanic, so they can diagnose the starting issue and guide you through repairs.