Q: Water linking only into the passenger side soaking the carpet.

I have a Hyundai Sonata GLS 2011, we just changed the cabin filter today because it was starting to smell and low air flow. But another problem that is happening is that the passenger side, the carpet is getting wet and even soaked. Could that have been caused by the cabin filter being overdue? Should it stop now that we changed the filter or should we check for further issues.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you may have a clogged AC drain from debris. I recommend having the drain cleaned out from the engine compartment. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Water linking only into the passenger side soaking the carpet.