Q: Car: 2008 BMW 328i - 2 days ago I accidentally drove right over a speed bump, it was loud. Immediatly the car started to make a

on March 21st, 2 days ago, I accidentally drove right over a speed bump, it was loud. Immediately the car started to make a rattling sound that comes from underneath the driver side and it seems to be when I press on the gas pedal, the longer I drive it the louder the sound and more persistent and mainly when pressing on the gas pedal. Again this happened right after driving right over the speed bump and it hasn't improved. The car does not shake but it also makes the sound when I'm at a stop light, the only way I can describe it, is that it sounds like something is loose and it's rattling. Any idea? I'm a Lady and terrified of mechanics to be honest. Now I'm not driving it fearing it could be something serious and don't want to get stranded. Thank You.

The noise you are describing is marked and thus the origin will be obvious to a mechanic on inspection. There may be evidence of direct impact for instance. Among the components closest to the ground are exhaust system components. The exhaust system should be carefully inspected as exhaust leaks are obviously dangerous (carbon monoxide). I share your fear of certain categories of professionals but all you need do insofar as mechanics, or anybody else for that matter, is ask lots of questions. If you get a rational, complete response, you need not worry. If you get an incomplete response and thus you are not left with an intelligible account, yes, run for the exits. If you desire that a professional from YourMechanic inspect your vehicle and let you know of the required repairs, please request a vehicle noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. For your convenience, all inspections, diagnostics and repairs can be performed right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car: 2008 BMW 328i - 2 days ago I accidentally drove right over a speed bump, it was loud. Immediatly the car started to make a