Q: Vehicle stalled while driving and will not restart

asked by on December 19, 2016

Vehicle stalled while driving and will not restart. OBD2 codes were P0101, P0117 and P0300. Pulled the distributor cap to find it badly corroded. Replaced both cap and rotor to no avail. Since vehicle has over 175,000 miles changed spark plugs which looked decent, but fuel saturated. Good spark coming from coil. Not sure where to go from here...MAF sensor, crankshaft sensor, ignition module? Any and all advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing you will likely want to look into is the fuel on the spark plugs. It sounds like one of your fuel injectors may have failed. If they are leaking and too much fuel is entering the combustion chamber, then the spark will not be able to combust all of the air fuel mixture. This may be one of the reasons you are getting a code for an engine misfire. You can check the resistance of the injectors and do some testing with a multimeter if equipped. Your attention needs to be on the fuel soaked spark plugs.