Q: Shift lever module needs reprogramming.

asked by on December 18, 2015

Gearbox Malfunction light coming on. I think the shift lever module needs reprogramming.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The model you describe 42250 is not a model Saab, but I find an Aero model with the 2.0 engine. The gearbox light being on indicates a problem and you will need to have the vehicle scanned to see what code is received for further diagnosis. I recommend you contact a qualified technician who can test and scan the engine and transmission to diagnose the problem.