Q: B2278 code for 2008 Ford Escape

Ford escape 2008 v6 3L AWD I noticed a stiff steering and loss of all power steering at all speeds. Checked codes Found B2278 Should i change only the torque sensor ( part around 200$ and DIY) or instal a used assembly column ( 250 part and use mechanic to do it) I searched the problem and i am afraid that if i changed only the torque sensor, I might find the problem is not only with the sensor. Also, i am not sure with the reliability of a used assembly column, especially it is a safety issue.

Hello - You are correct that the torque sensor, or rather a bad torque sensor signal, is the cause of this problem. There is, however, a Ford Recall (Recall 14V284000) for this problem, so you don’t have to do anything except take your vehicle to your Ford dealer to schedule this warranty repair.

3. B2278 code for 2008 Ford Escape