Q: Over heating, white smoke coming out the exhaust, and no heat just cold air blowing

My temperature gage says the van is over heating but its not really there is no heat only cold air blowing and theres white smoke coming out the exhaust. Ive changed the thermostat the radiator was replaced a month ago the heater core is still working and we flushed the lines to make sure theres no blockage we also replaced the hoses. Nothing seems to be working. It has antifreeze in it also im thinking maybe water pump is going out but i would like advice first thank you

Hi there. In most cases, a bad or malfunctioning heater is accompanied by an overheating problem. However, if you’re temperature gauge is HOT and you’ve got white smoke blowing from the exhaust, this can be an indication of coolant inside the oil galley’s which is typically caused by a damaged or blown head gasket. You should have a professional mechanic inspect your 2002 Chevrolet Express to determine the source of your overheating problems, and if there is coolant in the oil system; which can lead to serious mechanical damage.