Q: Fob won't open driver door without using key

The central locking in my car was working fine with the fob, but yesterday it would not open the driver door unless I first unlocked it with the key. Plus, if I do 2 clicks on the remote to open all the doors, then it unlocks the passenger door and the back doors, but won’t unlock the driver door! What should I do to fix this?

A: It sounds like the most likely cause of thi...

It sounds like the most likely cause of this fault is the driver's door lock actuator. When these fail, they will only function when used manually with the key. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your lock and perform any repairs required.