Q: Shifter

asked by on November 13, 2017

My 2014 Ford Fusion will not shift gears even tho the gear shifter will move

The first thing to check is to see if the shifter cable end broke loose from the transmission shifting lever on the transmission. If the cable end came off then it may need to have transmission shift cable replaced. If you can see the cable is connected and moves when someone moves shifter inside car then you have an internal transmission problem and will need further diagnosis to see what is causing the transmission problem.