Q: Body Control Module

My Body Control Module fried out so I replaced it with a used one. My car still want start but it has power except for the dashboard lights and the doors want lock automatically. I tried the relearn also but I was told that it need to be reprogramed. So what should I do?

Hello. If the body control module was replaced with a used one then it will not work directly in your vehicle. The BCM needs to be programmed to the vehicle in order for it to communicate with the other modules. If this programming does not occur then this will happen. You will need to take the vehicle to the dealer to have the computer programmed.

3. Body Control Module