Rattling noise when shifting motor mounts c320 2005 merce...

Q: Rattling noise when shifting

asked by on February 11, 2016

I get a rattling noise when I put my car in gear.

Hello. I suspect that the motor mounts are the cause of this rattle. Motor mounts are designed to dampen engine movement and vibrational rattles. The dealer recommends inspecting the motor mounts at 60,000 miles and every 20,000 miles after that. Factory mounts are made of rubber materials which become brittle and break apart overtime. If motor mounts become bad, they may cause engine movement and rattling noises. I suggest you have a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the engine noise and make the necessary repairs on your vehicle. One or more of the mounts are likely the cause of your rattling noise.