Q: Car dies, check engine light with codes P0341 and P0346 (camshaft position sensor). Will not start until vehicle cools down.

Where is the camshaft position sensor location (diagram if possible)? The CE codes indicate issue with CPS bank 1 and 2. Does this mean there are two on this vehicle?

2003 Toyota Highlander - base - V6 3.0L My car has 200000 miles.

Hi there. The codes p0341 and p0346 are both related to the camshaft position sensor and are showing that the sensor has lost communication to the computer. Click here for a diagnostic report and diagram about the camshaft position sensor for your vehicle. Check the harness to the sensor and make sure that the harness is hooked up and not broken. The sensor could be damaged or the reluctor wheel could be damaged (pick up wheel on the camshaft). Also, check the wiring harness and make sure that its not too close to a spark plug wire for it will cause an electrical disturbance. If you need further assistance with diagnosing the no start issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car dies, check engine light with codes P0341 and P0346 (camshaft position sensor). Will not start until vehicle cools down.