Q: Misfires 50-90 km stalling

I have a used Scania 2.0 Turbo. When I drive it on the freeway between 50km to 90 km per hour it misfires. It has also been stalling allot. I have changed the spark plugs but it hasn’t helped. Do you know what my causing this? How can I fix my car?

It sounds like your ignition cylinder may have seized up. This can happen over time due to key tumblers inside the ignition cylinder wearing down and becoming unable to make the proper pattern when the key is inserted. You could be causing this issue due to a worn key also. I suggest you try to use another ignition key if you have it to attempt starting the vehicle.

Your steering wheel could be locked which locks the ignition cylinder in place. To unlock the steering wheel wiggle the steering wheel left and right as you are trying to turn the key. This should unlock the steering wheel and the ignition key if the steering wheel is locked.

If that does not make much of a difference, then you will likely need a new ignition cylinder. I suggest having a technician come out and check the ignition cylinder condition, and if necessary, replace it. Being that the vehicle will not start, you may benefit from a mobile mechanic service such as YourMechanic, to diagnose and repair your stalling issue and skip the repair shop.

3. Misfires 50-90 km stalling