Q: I have a 1996 infinity Q45 and the ECM (computer) isn't working. I've been looking on the internet to find a new one.

I just bought a 1996 infinity q45 a month ago. It was tuning good untile one day I was coming home from work and as I turned on the car it starts to shake wouldn't stop so I took it to the shop, they said it was the engine computer. I got the number down on the computer and I can't seem to find the same number any where. I even called the infinity dealership they couldn't even help me. Dose it matter if I get the same number that's on the computer?

Hi there. When looking for an ECM (computer) for your vehicle, as long as the computer is the same design and has the same harness connections it will adapt to your vehicle. The only thing is, you will have to have the ECM flashed (programmed) to your VIN in order for it to function correctly. If you need further assistance with replacing your ECM, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 1996 infinity Q45 and the ECM (computer) isn't working. I've been looking on the internet to find a new one.