Q: Van stalled, now cannot be started - 1991 Volkswagen Vanagon

asked by on September 26, 2016

The van first had stalling problems. It occurred once but then I had difficulty starting it. The van couldn't be started now. I had the distributor replaced with a new one. The rotor is new as well. The wires are checked and seem fine. What should I do?

Hey there. Your repairs seem to have focused on electrical (or lack of spark) issues. First, confirm that you now have a good spark at the spark plugs. If so, move on to the fuel system and check the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuses and relays. To have the problem scoped out by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue and let you know what repairs are needed.