Q: 2000 Saab 9-3 SE. Can just the Throttle Position Sensor be replaced. Got error code P1230... I cleared it and car drives normally.

Car stalled upon start-up.. Error code P1230 , P1251, P1260.. .... Cleared code & Car started normally.. No codes or check engine light on.. Can it be the Throttle Position Sensor? Do I have to but complete Throttle body assembly ?

Hi There, These codes indicate that the signal from the throttle position sensor is weak or inconsistent. You do not need to replace the entire throttle body and should be able to fix this by replacing the throttle position sensor. I would recommend having a professional from Yourmechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your throttle position sensor.

3. 2000 Saab 9-3 SE. Can just the Throttle Position Sensor be replaced. Got error code P1230... I cleared it and car drives normally.