Q: Rumbling noise upon acceleration

asked by on August 16, 2016

My car has been running fine but it occasionally makes a high-pitched rumbling sounds. This occurs when I accelerate and it's coming from the bottom of the vehicle, somewhere in the middle of it. It used to lose pressure during the night, so I had the fuel pump replaced. This didn't fix the noise. The car has 240,000 miles on it. What could be making the noise?

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $550.03 Get a Quote
Axle / CV Shaft Assembly Replacement $197.63 - $1017.38 Get a Quote
Catalytic Converter Replacement $279.51 - $3103.51 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. I believe the circumstance you are experiencing is from a worn component in the rear end, such as a bad wheel bearing or axle. I suggest that you have the rear end of the truck evaluated by a technician. It may also be a faulty catalytic converter causing the sound. Have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the car noise in person in order to have this properly fixed.