Q: 1998 Ford Expedition - when I open just the driver side front door the dome light flickers on and off -- why?

Ever since I have had my vehicle, the dome lights blink on and off, accompanined by a clicking noise, when I open the front driver's-side door only, then stop blinking when one of the other three doors are opened. Nobody has ever been able to tell me why. Otherwise, all features work fine. Suggestions?

The switch in the door frame is probably not making good contact. That is fairly easy to test just by bypassing the switch. If that is not the issue, a simple trace of the dome light circuit will reveal the fault. Obviously, somewhere in the circuit, there is a point where there is intermittent contact. I would first start by testing the switch in the door frame though. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electric circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 1998 Ford Expedition - when I open just the driver side front door the dome light flickers on and off -- why?