Q: weird engine noise

i started up my Suzuki and the engine is making a weird noise. it sounds like if you put something into a fan. i found a video of the exact noise its making it also gets louder when its in reverse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TsO6Dk1r-s

Hello. Though this can be caused by a transmission failure, most of the time it is either caused by a cracked flywheel or a failing timing chain. I usually try to narrow down the location of the noise as that will help me to identify where the noise is originating from. If it is the transmission then it may have an internal bearing or clutch shell failure (which means that the transmission will need to be rebuilt). This will most likely need to be checked out by a professional. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise coming from your engine and make repairs.

3. weird engine noise