Have to crank the engine a few times to get it to start. ...

Q: Have to crank the engine a few times to get it to start.

Engine only starts after having been turned off for some time. Sometimes I have to try a few times when starting. Once running, the engine runs without any problems.

Engine temperature can significantly affect vehicle components - especially electronics. An engine that won’t start when hot usually indicates a problem in one of the vehicle’s many circuits. Heat can cause thermal expansion and contraction, as well as increased electrical resistance. Hondas in particular are susceptible to main relay problems, which can cause this condition. A certified technician, like one at YourMechanic, will be able to inspect and repair this problem for you.