Q: Over heating and oil light comes on

my avalon 2005 is over heating and the oil light comes on .. i just changed the oil pump of the car

A: This light will usually come on when one of...

This light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. it sounds like in your case, the motor may in fact be low on oil given the fact that the motor is overheating. This can be caused by low oil levels in the motor. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.