Q: Loose steering causing engine to stop

The steering pin on the steering wheel shaft is loose, which is causing the engine to start and then stop.

Hello. If you are referring to the steering lock pin that locks the steering wheel in place when the key is turned off, then this can cause the engine to stall as it can also affect the ignition switch. If this is the problem, then the steering column will need to be disassembled and rebuilt or it will need to be replaced. A mechanic would typically start by partially disassembling the steering column just to make sure that the problem is not just in the ignition switch, as a loose switch will cause this. If you plan on having this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office and inspect the steering column to make sure what is causing the problem.

3. Loose steering causing engine to stop